This dish looks very spectacular, while the recipe is hardly any work. Reminiscent of a beef wellington, but a lot more fool proof. Add a fresh salad to complete your tasty meal. Tip: wet your hands a little before kneading the minced meat mixture to prevent sticking.
Preparation time: 70 minutes (+ 40 minutes baking time).
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 600 grams of minced chicken
- 50 to 75 grams panko (breadcrumbs)
- 15 grams basil, roughly chopped
- 75 grams sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Creapan Puff Pastry Roll
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- Combine all ingredients except the puff pastry and egg in a large bowl, mix and form into a roll (kind of in the shape of a small loaf).
- Roll out the puff pastry with baking paper on a baking tray. Place the meatloaf in the middle on the dough.
- Make cuts in the puff pastry on both sides (about 2 cm apart) to form strips.
- Place the strips alternately over the filling. Cut away the remaining puff pastry at the ends. The ends do not have to be closed.
- Brush the bread with the beaten egg for a nice baking result.
- Bake the meatloaf for approx. 40 min.