Meringue is a typical French dessert, but adding matcha gives it of an incredibly tasty Asian twist.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (+ 50 minutes baking time).
- 1 roll Creapan Shortcrust Roll
- 6 egg whites
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Roll out the pie dough on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool and reduce the temperature to 130 °C.
- Meanwhile beat the egg whites with a mixer into firm peaks. Add the granulated sugar bit by bit until the mixture is shiny and very firm. Add the rice vinegar and corn starch and divide the mixture between two bowls.
- Add the matcha powder to 1 bowl and stir well.
- Gently fold the two mixes together until you get a nice marble pattern and fold onto the baked pie dough. Bake for 1.5 hours at 130 °C, turn off the oven and let the meringue cool completely in the oven.