The combination of coconut and mango immediately reminds you of a tropical beach. Another bonus: this recipe has absolutely no chance of a soggy bottom. Bake the bottom separately, and only then fill it with the delicious creamy filling and top it with fresh fruit. Home baking has never been so easy.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (+ 30 minutes baking time).
- 1 roll Creapan Shortcrust Roll
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 g)
- 50 millilitres whole milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 85 grams granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 mango
- (baking) beans
- cake pan
- baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Place the pie dough in a pie tin and press down by hand. Poke the holes with a fork, cover with baking paper and pour in the (baking) beans. Bake the pie base for 15 min.
- Remove the beans and baking paper and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the dough is golden brown. Let cool.
- Bring the coconut milk and whole milk to a gentle boil.
- Mix the egg yolks with the granulated sugar and the cornflour. When the milk boils, turn off the heat. Pour a little (100-200 ml) of the milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture and mix. Return this mixture to the pan with the rest of the milk and bring to a boil over low heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 2 minutes until the custard thickens. Keep stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Put the custard in a bowl and cover with cling film. Let cool completely.
- Fill the pie pan with the coconut custard. Cut the mango into slices and arrange on top of the pie.