An all-time favourite dim sum classic, elicious at any moment of the day. What’s not to like? The combination of silky-smooth custard and the crispy dough is so good, you’ll find yourself with room left to eat one.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (+ 30 minutes baking time).
- 60 grams granulated sugar
- 200 millilitres of milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 Creapan Puff Pastry Sheets (1 pack)
- tart tins
- round cutters
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Put the granulated sugar and milk into in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Stir the milk into the sugar water and slowly pour this mixture onto the eggs while stirring. Stir well until a homogeneous mixture. Strain the mixture twice to get the air out.
- Cut circles out of the puff pastry and press them into the moulds.
- Divide the egg mixture among the ramekins and bake at 220 °C for 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the pies sit with the door open for another 5 to 10 minutes before taking them out.