These individual mini apple pies are perfect for when you have visitors. The folding technique makes them look fancy, while this baking recipe is easy to make.
Preparation time: 15 minutes (+ 18 minutes baking time).
- 4 sheets of Creapan Puff Pastry Sheets
- 2 apples, sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- apple compote
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- optional: icing sugar
- baking tray
- pastry brush
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place the dough slices in front of you, fold 2 points together to form a triangle.
- Lay the long side of the triangle towards you. Cut the dough along the two short sides obliquely, keep 2 cm free all around the edges, until just below the widest vertex (the ends of the incised edges cannot touch).
- Fold the dough open again. (Confused about the folding technique? Check out this video)
- Mix the apple slices with 2 tbsp sugar, the spices and apple compote in a bowl.
- Divide the apple filling over the centre of the puff pastry. Fold the open corners on top of each other towards the dough base.
- Press both corners slightly together.
- Brush the outer edges with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar.
- Bake them on the baking tray in the preheated oven for about 18 minutes until crispy.