This European/French dish is an absolute classic, and one of the best ways to let our crispy puff pastry shine. The filling is creamy, which is delicious in combination with the salty bacon.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (+ 40 minutes baking time).
- 1 Creapan Puff Pastry Roll
- 10 grams butter + extra for greasing
- 200 grams bacon
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 6 eggs
- 300 millilitres of heavy cream
- (baking) beans or dry rice
- quiche tin
- baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and grease a quiche tin with butter.
- Press the puff pastry into the quiche tin, poke holes the bottom with a fork, cover with baking paper and place (baking) beans or dry rice on top. Bake the quiche blind for 30 minutes.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet for about 5 minutes, until cooked but not crispy.
- Fry the leek in the butter for about 5 minutes until soft. Season with salt.
- Beat the eggs and mix with the heavy cream, season with plenty of salt.
- Remove the beans and baking paper from the tin and bake the quiche for another 10 minutes, until the bottom is cooked.
- Divide the bacon and leek over the quiche base. Pour in the filling and bake for 20 minutes.